Makes grants to address the most serious social and environmental problems facing society, where risk capital, responsibly invested, may make a difference over time.
An independent federal agency created by Congress in 1950 to promote the progress of science.
King Saud University seeks to become a leader in educational and technological innovation, scientific discovery and creativity through fostering an atmosphere of intellectual inspiration and partnership for the prosperity of society.
The O'Donnell Foundation is devoted to building model programs to enhance the quality of education.
Changelog for Nuclear Fission
3.27 (Aug 7, 2012)
- Fixed a problem that prevented audio from playing under Java 7
3.26 (Apr 27, 2012)
- Redeploying to production server with a number of fixes and enhancements related to graph sizing and interaction.
3.25 (Apr 12, 2012)
- Deploying to production server with fixes for several chart resizing issues.
- Fixed an issue where tick marks on the time graphs could be positioned past the time line.
- Made the flashing of the adjustment arrow stop if the user moused over the arrow before the flashing finished.
- Fixed an issue where graph positioning didn't work when nuclei had very long decay times (longer than the graph length).
- Improved the alignment between various labels on the charts that include a pie chart.
- Fixed an issue where the graphs containing pie charts could get stretched out so that they were no longer round.
- Made the adjustment arrows for the half life and energy levels on the graphs flash when first visible in order to be more noticeable.
- Made the default half life of the custom nucleus for Beta Decay a small amount longer so that the half life line on the decaty chart will be more distinctly different from the non-custom nucleus, and hence more noticeable by users.
- Made the default half life of the custom nucleus for Alpha Decay longer so that the half life line on the decaty chart will be more distinctly different from the non-custom nucleus, and hence more noticeable by users.
- Made the arrow that the user manipulates on the charts a bit bigger and changed the shape somewhat in order to make it more noticeable.
- Fixed an issue with the scaling of several of the charts that caused them to look bad on netbooks.
3.24 (Apr 25, 2011)
- Added new translation credits features, updated artwork, fixed an issue with drag handles in Alpha Decay sim, and fixed layout issues with some translations.
3.23 (Apr 7, 2011)
- Fixed an issue where some windows displayed incorrectly for right-to-left languages.
- Fixed an issue with displaying the photo of the real nuclear reactor in the Nuclear Fission simulation. Only right-to-left languages are affected.
- Changed the wording in the game from "Guess" to "Estimate".
3.22 (Feb 16, 2010)
- Fixed an issue where U-238 was shown decaying into Pb-207 instead of Pb-206.
3.21 (Jan 22, 2010)
- Alpha Decay & Radioactive Dating Game: Resolved issues where graphs could get into odd states.
- Radioactive Dating Game: Fixed an issue where odd lines could appear on the Decay Rates graph.
- Reduced the size of the jar file by about 10% by removing unused images.
- Alpha Decay: Fixed an issue where the pie could disappear from the decay chart.
- 3.21 (Jan 10, 2010)
3.20 (Dec 8, 2009)
- Radioactive Dating Game: Fixed an issue where the graph on the 2nd tab would run with no nuclei added.
3.19 (Dec 7, 2009)
- Radioactive Dating Game: Improved probe appearance and some graph labels based on user feedback.
- Radioactive Dating Game: Changed probe appearance, changed some graph labels based on user feedback.
- 3.18 (Sep 23, 2009)
- 3.17 (Sep 23, 2009)
- 3.16 (Sep 15, 2009)
- 3.15 (Sep 15, 2009)
- 3.14 (Sep 15, 2009)
3.13 (Jun 8, 2009)
- Resolved an issue where the isotope number for Lead 207 was incorrect in two places.
- 3.12 (May 29, 2009)
- 3.11 (Apr 21, 2009)
- 3.10 (Apr 21, 2009)
- 3.09 (Feb 20, 2009)
- 3.08 (Feb 20, 2009)
3.07 (Feb 19, 2009)
- Fixed an issue that would cause downloaded JAR files to prompt user for flavor of sim to execute.
3.06 (Feb 13, 2009)
- Fixed an issue where the alpha particles would sometimes appear to be leaving the nucleus when in fact they weren't
- Changed tunneling diameter for alpha particles so that it won't look like they were flying away when they're not.
- Added a pie chart to depict proportion of decayed nuclei, changed half life marker position for custom nucleus, changed label colors.
- Fixed issue where the bucket label was not correct when the custom nucleus was selected.
3.05 (Jan 22, 2009)
- Added exponential time display, changed behavior of well drop.
- Revised the behavior of the reset button on the 2nd tab based on feedback from users.
- Added "Reset Nuclei" functionality to 2nd tab, fixed a number of bugs with containment vessel.
- Fixed a number of bugs with Reset All on the 2nd tab.
- Made the lines and cirlce that depict the tunneling radius on the 2nd tab change with the energy levels.
- Made the reset buttons on the 1st and 3rd tabs be hidden until they are actually usable. This should help users to see them and to understand what they do.
- Changed the way in which the neutrons are injected into the nuclear reactor on the 3rd tab. It is now initiated from a labeled button on the top of the reactor.
- Made the graphs on the Nuclear Reactor tab always visible.
- Replaced the "Fire!" button on the ray gun with a simple, unabled red button.
- Incorporated a new version of the ray gun image and made the "Fire!" button on the ray gun translatable.
- Split into two simulations, one for Nuclear Fission and one for Alpha Decay
English | العربية | Bosanski | 简体中文 | 正體中文 | Česky | Dansk | Nederlands | Eesti | Suomi | Français | Galego | ქართული | Deutsch | Ελληνικά | Magyar | Bahasa Indonesia | Italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | كوردي | Kurdî | Македонски | मराठी | Norsk bokmål | Norsk nynorsk | فارسی | Português | Português do Brasil | Română | Српски | Español | Español (Perú) | ไทย | Türkçe | Українська | Tiếng Việt
© 2015 University of Colorado. Some rights reserved.