The O'Donnell Foundation is devoted to building model programs to enhance the quality of education.
- phet standing waves.doc - 27 kB
|School / Organization||Arrupe Jesuit High School|
|Simulations||Gelombang Pada Tali|
|Description||Students will observe and describe interference when a wave is reflected back along a rope. Students will also create a standing wave.|
|Science as Inquiry - A|
|Physical Science - B|
|Life Science - C|
|Earth & Space Science - D|
|Science & Technology - E|
|Science in Personal and Social Perspective - F|
|History and Nature of Science - G|
Nominations for Gold Star
What do you think about this activity? How did you use it or change it for your class? Professionally constructive comments welcome.
- Hello, I am trying to create standing waves using this simulation but need to know some information about the string. For instance: What is the mass? Can we determine the tension? email@example.com 11/05/06 gabriel schneck
- Hi, I as well am trying to create a standing wave, however, one end is lose, and one and is fixed. Do you have any tips for me? (firstname.lastname@example.org) 11/06/16 Natasha T.
- The waves are generated on a frictionless surface perpendicular to gravitational force as if they were made by a rope on a table. The simulation is not meant to be highly quantitative. The challenge to make a standing wave is more for making sense of definitions that are in texts and for fun than actually deriving a definition. 11/06/18 Trish Loeblein
- Natasha, You will need to fix the right end to get a standing wave. 11/06/18 Trish Loeblein
- Why does the sim break down after observing a standing wave? 14/04/29 Jared Rastoka
- The sim was designed to address many qualitative learning outcomes and is optimized for those. However, some teachers find it useful to approximate standing waves. The sim is based on discrete vector addition and the step intervals are not small enough to enable ideal standing waves. In order to have more small intervals, the processing calculations slow down the sim so much that the sim would not be useful. 14/05/06 Trish Loeblein
kredit :English | العربية | Bosanski | 简体中文 | 正體中文 | Česky | Dansk | Nederlands | Eesti | Suomi | Français | Galego | ქართული | Deutsch | Ελληνικά | Magyar | Bahasa Indonesia | Italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | كوردي | Kurdî | Македонски | मराठी | Norsk bokmål | Norsk nynorsk | فارسی | Português | Português do Brasil | Română | Српски | Español | Español (Perú) | ไทย | Türkçe | Українська | Tiếng Việt
© 2013 University of Colorado. Hak-Cipta Dilindungi Undang-Undang