Makes grants to address the most serious social and environmental problems facing society, where risk capital, responsibly invested, may make a difference over time.
An independent federal agency created by Congress in 1950 to promote the progress of science.
King Saud University seeks to become a leader in educational and technological innovation, scientific discovery and creativity through fostering an atmosphere of intellectual inspiration and partnership for the prosperity of society.
The O'Donnell Foundation is devoted to building model programs to enhance the quality of education.
|Investigate how torque causes an object to rotate. Discover the relationships between angular acceleration, moment of inertia, angular momentum and torque.|
- Moment of Inertia
- Angular Momentum
Sample Learning Goals
- Determine the relationship between the applied force, frictional force (of the brake) and the torque
- Write an equation that relates the torque required to the radius at which the force is applied
- Describe in your own words the relationship between torque and the moment of inertia
- Write an equation that relates the moment of inertia to the angular velocity
- Show that Angular momentum is conserved with examples of a bug traveling on a rotating platform.
|Answer Key - Torque, Moment of Inertia, and Angular Momentum||Sarah Stanhope||UG-Intro
|Torque, Moment of Inertia, Angular Momentum||Sarah Stanhope||HS
|Torque, Moment of Inertia, and Angular Momentum||Sarah Stanhope||HS
You can submit your own ideas and activities.
Sun Java 1.5.0_15 or later
OS 10.5 or later
Sun Java 1.5.0_19 or later
|Sun Java 1.5.0_15 or later|
|Design Team||Third-party Libraries||Thanks To|
English | العربية | Bosanski | 简体中文 | 正體中文 | Česky | Dansk | Nederlands | Eesti | Suomi | Français | Galego | ქართული | Deutsch | Ελληνικά | Magyar | Bahasa Indonesia | Italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | كوردي | Македонски | मराठी | Norsk bokmål | فارسی | Português | Português do Brasil | Română | Српски | Español | Español (Perú) | อังกฤษ | Türkçe | Українська | Tiếng Việt
© 2013 University of Colorado. Some rights reserved.