Makes grants to address the most serious social and environmental problems facing society, where risk capital, responsibly invested, may make a difference over time.
An independent federal agency created by Congress in 1950 to promote the progress of science.
King Saud University seeks to become a leader in educational and technological innovation, scientific discovery and creativity through fostering an atmosphere of intellectual inspiration and partnership for the prosperity of society.
The O'Donnell Foundation is devoted to building model programs to enhance the quality of education.
Sugar and Salt Solutions
|What happens when sugar and salt are added to water? Pour in sugar, shake in salt, and evaporate water to see the effects on concentration and conductivity. Zoom in to see how different sugar and salt compounds dissolve. Zoom in again to explore the role of water.|
Sample Learning Goals
- Use pictures and proportional reasoning to explain changes in concentration
- Draw what happens at the molecular level when compounds dissolve in water
- Identify if a compound is a salt or sugar by macroscopic observations or microscopic representations.
- Explain how using combinations of solutes changes solution characteristics or not.
- Use observations to explain ways concentration of a solute can change.
- Describe ways the formula, macroscopic observations, or microscopic representations of a compound indicates if the bonding is ionic or covalent.
Tips for Teachers
The teacher's guide (pdf) contains tips created by the PhET team.
|Sugar and Salt Solutions: Exploring Common Substances Using a PhET Simulation||Emily Moore, Lisa McGaw||HS
|Sugar and Salt Solutions: intro to bonding||Trish Loeblein||HS
|Concept Questions for Chemistry using PhET||Trish Loeblein||HS
|설탕과 소금 용액의 SIM 사용지침서||이화국(Wha Kuk Lee)||MS
|Sugar and Salt Solutions||Paulina Jednac||K-5||Other||3/20/13|
You can submit your own ideas and activities.
Sun Java 1.5.0_15 or later
OS 10.5 or later
Sun Java 1.5.0_19 or later
|Sun Java 1.5.0_15 or later|
|Design Team||Third-party Libraries||Thanks To|
English | العربية | 简体中文 | 正體中文 | Česky | Dansk | Nederlands | Eesti | Suomi | Français | Galego | ქართული | Ελληνικά | Magyar | Bahasa Indonesia | Italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | كوردي | Македонски | मराठी | فارسی | Português | Português do Brasil | Română | Српски | Español | Español (Perú) | Türkçe | Українська | Tiếng Việt
© 2011 University of Colorado. Some rights reserved.