Makes grants to address the most serious social and environmental problems facing society, where risk capital, responsibly invested, may make a difference over time.
An independent federal agency created by Congress in 1950 to promote the progress of science.
King Saud University seeks to become a leader in educational and technological innovation, scientific discovery and creativity through fostering an atmosphere of intellectual inspiration and partnership for the prosperity of society.
The O'Donnell Foundation is devoted to building model programs to enhance the quality of education.
|Explore how plates move on the surface of the earth. Change temperature, composition, and thickness of plates. Discover how to create new mountains, volcanoes, or oceans!|
- Plate Tectonics
- Earth Science
Sample Learning Goals
- Describe the differences between oceanic and continental crust, including their respective properties of density, composition, temperature and thickness.
- Predict how changes in composition and temperature change crust density and buoyancy.
- Draw a time series for different types of plate boundaries and their motions, indicating the related surface features.
- Deduce the type of plate boundary given images or descriptions of surface features.
- Explain which types of plate boundaries create crust, and which destroy crust
Tips for Teachers
The teacher's guide (pdf) contains tips created by the PhET team.
You can submit your own ideas and activities.
Sun Java 1.5.0_15 or later
OS 10.5 or later
Sun Java 1.5.0_19 or later
|Sun Java 1.5.0_15 or later|
|Design Team||Third-party Libraries||Thanks To|
English | العربية | 简体中文 | 正體中文 | Česky | Dansk | Nederlands | Eesti | Suomi | Français | Galego | ქართული | Ελληνικά | Magyar | Bahasa Indonesia | Italiano | 日本語 | 한국어 | كوردي | Македонски | मराठी | فارسی | Português | Português do Brasil | Română | Српски | Español | Español (Perú) | Türkçe | Українська | Tiếng Việt
© 2011 University of Colorado. Some rights reserved.