We are searching for qualified candidates who are interested in joining the PhET team as a full- or part-time “Professional Research Assistant.” We are seeking specifically educators with a background in teaching, preferably at the middle school or high school level.
With our current emphasis on building and studying simulations for middle school math and science, advancing our teacher professional development resources and support system, branching into tablet and touch-compatible simulation design, increasing the accessibility capabilities of our simulations, and advancing the use of simulations in undergraduate chemistry, responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
1) Redesigning (as part of a 3-5 person team) existing PhET simulations, incorporating new findings on effective sim design and adapting designs for use on touch-devices. (Software programming is NOT required. PhET has a team of in-house software developers).
2) Designing new PhET simulations.
3) Conducting user-testing through interviews of students using simulations.
4) Supporting simulation design, development, and research efforts – e.g. analyzing data, supporting classroom research studies, searching for web resources, etc.
5) Helping to liaison to and support the K12 community.
6) Assisting with marketing and dissemination of PhET resources to teachers: develop and represent PhET in online teaching forums and resources; run exhibit booths at national and local conferences; assist with teacher workshops.
7) Responding to inquiries to PhET about science/math questions and new simulation ideas.
For more information and specific qualifications, see the online posting at:
Please consider applying! And, share this information with your colleagues who might be interested.